Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Service Learning Visit #1

Ok so last week Thursday(10/01/09) my group had our first visit with the students at Loyola Academy H.S. and it was pretty interesting. I was like super nervous and probably coped by talking a lot, but the students weren't as bad as I thought they would be. For my group of students I had Angel and George and they were pretty cool kind of shy but that was expected. During some of the activities I started to gut the boys to open up when it came to noticing race in certain situations and by asking questions like "Is all stereotyping bad?". Idk but I guess that this first visit gave me a better understanding of what's going to be going on in our class. In closing I'm anticipating our visit next Thursday, i guess we're going around taking pictures of neighborhood sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment